top of page


As an international student in Canada you have so many advantages that it’s hard to believe.

But it’s true!

  • You can work up to 20 hours per week during your school time and full time during your school holidays.

  • After graduation you are eligible to live and work in Canada for up to three years

  • Your spouse is eligible for an open work permit during the duration of your study

  • Your children can go to public schools for free. They do not need a study permit until they are 18 years old

  • Your time studying in Canada counts towards your total five years of living in Canada and expedites your Canadian citizenship process

  • You can sponsor your parents after living 10 years in Canada

Immigration | Canstart

All immigration related issues are discussed on a case by case basis with our fully licensed immigration consultants and lawyers.


Immigration documents you may need:


Temporary Resident Visa (TRV):


Study Permit (SP):

  • You need SP to study in Canada for a period longer than six months at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) or a primary/secondary school

  • The study program can be for language or professional training

  • You have to be a Full Time student to maintain a valid study permit

  • You cannot take a break from your studies for longer than 90 days to keep your study permit valid, except for official school holidays

  • You can work or are eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit only if you are enrolled in professional training

  • You cannot work while you are on a language training program (ESL, EAP, etc.)

More info ->

Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWT):

  • You can get this privilege after graduating from a college or university in Canada ONLY! No other English-speaking country makes such a generous offer.

  • PGWP can be granted for the length of the study program plus anywhere from 90 days to three years upon graduation

  • You should apply for PGWT within 90 days of your last class (not graduation day!)

  • You can receive PGWT only ONCE and it cannot be extended More info ->


Permanent Residency (PR):

  • To apply for the permanent residency in Canada, you have to receive a certain score through the Express Entry, a point-based system for the Federal and Provincial immigration programs.

  • As an international student, you can maximize your score to be selected from the Express Entry pool of candidates by having:

    • high school graduates: a 3 year diploma program and at least 1 year Canadian work experience after graduation

    • undergraduate degree holders: a 1 or 2 year diploma/certificate program and at least 1 year Canadian work experience after graduation​

More info ->

To learn about your chances to immigrate to Canada,

book a 30 min free consultation  with our

fully licensed Immigration Consultants

bottom of page